Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hammerin' Wheels Throws Down!

(Written by Dawn because Chris -above with our toddler- was running after Jax most of the time…)
I have never in my life had as much fun as I did yesterday at the Hammerin’ Wheel 5th Birthday Bash. I usually try my best to work the camera and cover the entire event for our readers but everyone was having so much fun that I put down the camera and joined in the festivities. I would like to say a big thank you to my husband Chris who missed out on a lot of it because he was taking care of our rambunctious toddler during pretty much the entire event. (Have I mentioned what an AWESOME dad he is?)    Luckily Jax took a nap early on so at least my husband was able to grab a bite to eat because all heck broke loose.
There were mountains of food and the grills were packed with ribs, hamburger and hot dogs. Salads, deviled eggs, fruit and veggies where shared by the prodigious crowd. Our offering to the table was, of course, two varieties of my famous bars: Peanut Butter Cream and Cranberry Cream which were nestled in among other amazing desserts including cakes, cookies and pies.
Picnics always have lots of food but the games where what really helped this event stand out. I was able to enjoy my first volleyball game in well over twenty years while water balloon tosses went on behind us.  A tightrope was stretched between two trees with children and adults taking turns challenging their skill all evening long. A raffle with fun cycling prizes was free to enter (one entry per person at the picnic) but I too busy playing volleyball to see who won what. I knew that I would pay a high price for doing so much at the Bash (and boy is my CFS in high gear today!) but it was so amazingly worth it!
The Hammerin’ Wheels folks are the most good-natured fun-loving group of folks I have ever had the pleasure to hang-out with and both my husband and I vow that we will be making as many of their rides as we possibly can this year (anyone know a good babysitter for a tireless toddler???).  That is, if they will still have us after yesterday….

Yep, that's me in the black shirt. Egads, I pray no video hits the net!
Which brings me to a public apology for my behavior during the “Junk In The Trunk” challenge. I had no idea when I stepped forward and allowed a tissue box filled with ping-pong balls to be strapped to my behind that any and all propriety I may have ever had would fly out the window.  Little did I know that once I strapped that bungee cord around my hips that I would be thrown back to “College Years Dawn”. however I did come out as victorious and won two movie tickets with candy. Was it worth the public humiliation to win the Hammerin’ Wheels Booty Poppin’ Queen crown? Not sure but I have received calls from Lil’ John’s people asking me if I want to be an extra in his next video….





No comments:

Post a Comment