Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cycle Folsom ride and bike update

Just stopped by Bicycles Plus on Thursday to strip parts off the cracked Tarmac frame.

I went on a local hill climbing jaunt with some fellow Cycle Folsom members early this morning.  Great group of riders!  They were very friendly and competitive and made me glad I finally got a chance to ride with them. (Thanks to Ross Del Duca for setting it up.)  We had a great time riding up Costco Hill, Beatty, Beals Point, and back.  I did okay riding the old Allez road bike, but it definitely doesn’t feel as fast or responsive when climbing.  It feels like I am in the gym riding an exercise bike; working hard but not really going anywhere.  Hard to believe that at one point, this bike felt light and spry.  It is easy to get spoiled by newer technologies. 
Speaking of riding my old bike… I am still waiting to find out more information on when I will get a replacement frame on my race bike.  It isn’t looking like I will have a bike back before my next race in Snelling.   However I got a bit of good news.  Matt, one of my Body Concepts teammates, has a good backup race bike that he is going to loan me for the race!  He wants to make sure I have the “best opportunity to do well.”  That is very nice of Matt to do, I am lucky to be a part of such a great team!
So, that’s it for now, despite this bad weather I have been doing a lot of training rides finding sucker holes where I can get them, leaving me only a little time with family and less time to blog.  But hey, I have been enjoying the chicken melts and encourage you to try them out, they really are awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a nice backup bike. Matt C. is a true team player!

    ReplyDelete