Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We're B-A-A-CK!

Cycling on Christmas Eve. That's how we ROLL!
We took a couple of days off from blogging to share Christmas with our kids. (In reality we were only going to take one day off but it took more time than we thought to dig out from under all the torn open wrapping paper, toy boxes and gift bags.) I have been getting some saddle time in (mostly in the gym) but we were able to sneak in a family ride on the day of Christmas Eve and it was Jax’s very first bicycle ride in the Burley trailer.

Both of my older sons rode in the same trailer for several years until they got too big to fit. Luckily, we kept it around for our youngest and I hope to have him spending many an hour with us on the trails enjoying cycling. He is only 14 months old so our first time out was brief; about 15 minutes. It was also the first time my wife has felt well enough to resume cycling in almost two years. So it was kind of a big day for our family in two ways as far as cycling goes.  It was fun having everyone out and I can’t wait until our rides turn into all-day events with a picnic lunch along the trail. (My wife put that request in because that is what she used to do with her family when she was a child and I am more than happy to comply as it –of course- is cycling related!)

Of course, now I have one more group to look forward to riding with. Let’s see: Body Concepts racing rides, Folsom High School Team training rides, the lunch ride group at work, Cycle Folsom whenever I finally get the chance to and best of all: The GroveTribe Rides! (Small, furry mammals beware!)


Coming soon: first impression review of my new HeroCam!

No comments:

Post a Comment