Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cal Aggie Criterium: First Race Anticipation

This weekend will be my first road race at the Cal Aggie Criterium in Sacramento.  Up until Monday, I knew the race was coming, but I didn’t think much of it.  Then it hit me.  OMG, I am racing this week!  I am both nervous and excited. 
I am nervous for several reasons.  The race is a crit, and crits can be a dangerous.  Will I perform well?  Am I going to do something stupid?  While I am still nervous I have managed to settle a lot of the nerves by thinking about team strategies, visualizing how those strategies might play out in a crit, and imagining myself in different roles in that strategy.
As for the excitement, there is nothing I can do about that but embrace it.  I have been enjoying being a part of the Body Concepts Race Team and I can’t wait to get out there with the rest of the team and start racing!
2011 Cal Aggie Crit Course Map
The Cal Aggie Criterium will be held –Rain or shine!- at William Land Park in Sacramento in January 29, 2011. Registration will be located at the south end of the course near the end of Sutterville and Freeport. The morning of registration will open at 7 am and will close about 15 minutes before each race. USAC license is required and they will be available at the race. One-Day licenses will be available for Cat 5 men and Cat 4 women.
If you want to see how a favorite racer fared (God, please don’t search me! My first race won’t be pretty…), then check out this link: http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?permit=2011-

No comments:

Post a Comment