Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We interrupt your regularly scheduled…


…Sea Otter blog for a special announcement. I am now officially a Cat 4 racer! When I decided to start racing my goal was to reach Cat 4 this year. I am here ahead of schedule thanks to teammates willing to carpool with me and do double race weekends. It feels great and when I told my wife I think she may have been more excited than I was. Her beautiful smile lit up her eyes and I couldn’t help but grin like an idiot right back at her. And so I guess I should thank a few people.
(Holding imaginary Cat 4 trophy)  I would like to thank my Body Concepts teammates: especially Todd, Felix and Rob S. for hanging in there with me and carpooling. Without your support (and gas money) this precipitous Cat 4 would not have been possible. To Rob (The Wizard) and his beautiful consort Linda, you have given my feet wings. To The Punisher, thank you for all the punishment. To my wife, thank you for your support, encouragement and love. To my Dad, who helped make these races possible and for the excitement of sharing them with me.
Now I have to really work, Cat 3 is a lot harder to earn and I have a lot of folks that I don’t want to let down. See you on the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment